No matter what age you are, you still have a right to be loved. Finding a partner as you get older used to be difficult. Once you reached a certain age, it was frowned upon to be on the dating scene. But modern society has changed that way of thinking. Now, senior citizens, and even aging baby boomers, have plenty of options available to help them find their way around the dating world.
The following articles contain useful dating tips. Full of advice and helpful information, readers can absorb plenty of knowledge about dating. Maybe you can use some of these tips and advice to help make your dating experience good ones, especially if you are a senior just trying to get back into the dating game .
- Senior Dating Tips – Useful advice for senior citizens about dating, including talking to their families and where to meet potential partners.
- Dangers of Online Dating – Information for senior citizens about online dating and how to stay safe.
- Senior Dating – Helpful information about dating as a senior citizen, including how to meet partners.
- Online Dating Tips for Seniors – Useful tips about online dating for senior citizens.
- Senior Dating Websites – Information about how online dating can be helpful to senior citizens and tips to get them started.
- Unique Friendships for Seniors – Information on senior dating, including starting out and using dating services.
- Over 50 and Single? – Helpful advice on how to build your self-esteem and tips on dating for seniors.
- Prime Time Women – Tips for men on the way women changes as they get older and how to best approach them.
- The Dating Game – Advice from a male perspective on dating as a senior.
- It’s Never Too Late to Date – Information on dating over the age of fifty.
- Just as Hard the Second Time – Helpful advice and tips for dating as you get older.
- Senior Bachelor – Informative blog full of articles that promote senior dating, in particular, the benefits of senior cruises.
- Better Than I Ever Expected – One woman’s journey with senior dating and how it exceeded her expectations.
- Seniors Dating Advice – Useful tips for dating as a senior citizen.
- Put Love Back into Your Life – Helpful tips and websites for seniors to find a new relationship.
- Never Too Old for Love – Interesting details of an online senior dating site.
- Online Dating and the Senior Citizen – Useful information about online dating for seniors, including tips and suggestions.
- Dating and the Elderly – Several informative articles on dating as a senior citizen.
- Senior Dating – Dedicated to dating for senior citizens, with articles on falling in love and dating with confidence.
- Date Ideas for the Senior Crowd – Potential ideas for senior citizen dating.
- Alternative Sites for Specialty Online Dating – Information on specialty dating lifestyles, such as senior dating, and where to get started.
- Online Dating for the Elderly – Personal story and advice about dating as a senior citizen.
- Help on How to Find a Date Above 50 – Advice on finding dates as a senior citizen.
- Tips for Seniors who are Dating – Helpful tips for seniors about online dating.
- Internet Dating Tips – Humorous advice for seniors trying online dating. Tells the personal experience of one man’s attempt at online dating.
- Advice on Senior Dating – Helpful information for singles over 40 and 50 that are entering the dating world.
- Senior Internet Dating – Information about senior citizens using the internet to find a relationship.
- New Frontier for Online Dating – Information on how senior dating is opening a new segment of online dating.
- Dating Sites Fail – Helpful information about dating sites for senior citizens and everyone else.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Get Out There! – Motivational article for senior citizens that are hesitant about dating again.
- Six Tips for Senior Dating – Six useful things to remember to have a great senior citizen dating experience.
- First Dates in Your 50’s – Inspiring article on dating as you get older with helpful things to remember.
- Internet Dating for Senior Citizens – Helpful tips and advice on how senior citizens can get the most out of their online dating experience.
- Senior Citizen Dating – One woman discusses her mother’s adventures in dating as a senior citizen.
- Safety Tips for Seniors Dating Online – Useful things to remember to stay safe on the internet.
- Feeling Too Old for Online Dating? – Helpful information for seniors to give them the confidence to try online dating.
- Love Rehab – Informative article on dating after divorce when you are 40 or 50+ years old, including difficulties and how to overcome them.
- Over 40 Online Dating on the Rise – Although not officially seniors, over 40 baby boomers are entering the dating scene in full force. Includes ways to help ease the transition.
- Online Dating Trends: Not Just for Kids – Information on the rise of older people using the internet to form new relationships.
- Dating Tips – Tips from a woman on dating after the age of 50.
- 50+ Dating Scene – Informative article on what older people can expect from the dating world.
- Single Baby Boomers – Discussion on the rising number of single, older people and a list of dating services to help them find love.
- Baby Boomer Dating Success Tip – Useful information on ways older people can be more successful at dating.
Image Credits: maveric2003
When it comes to senior dating or if you have been married years, it is only a matter of time before your dates become a little lame. How many times can you go to the movies or out to dinner? Life becomes hectic with work so you may not even be taking out the time to go out with each other, which makes even these lamer dates look great because you really are not spending quality time together. Going out for date night shows both sides that they are willing to take out a few hours from their busy schedule to be together.
Some alone time can really spice up and revamp your relationship. The love is there, the desire is there but organizing yourselves may not be. Take out the time for a Saturday night date or a Sunday outing. When you are really busy sometimes it feels great to just be with the person that you love and hang out on the couch. When you get into this routine the romance normally slips away. Now that you have arranged your date time, here is what you need to do to make a little more exciting:
- If you have children or roommates, make sure that everyone is out of the house. Even if you won’t be in the home, you do not want to go on an incredibly romantic date and then kill the mood as soon as you walk through the door.
- What’s the mood going to be like? You can keep your date at home, but take it outside of the kitchen and dining room. You may want to venture into other rooms of your home and create a specific mood. You can cover the bedroom with flower petals, light the bathroom with candles or just cuddle by a lit fire in the living room.
- If you are going out or staying in, make sure that you get dressed up. You may even want to buy a new outfit. Wear something super sexy and comfortable. Get out the push up bra and lace panties and really give your boyfriend something to be happy about.
- Remove the distractions of your life. Hide the remote control in case a big game is on. Put your cell phones in the glove compartment or in the drawer. There are too many distractions that have been keeping you two apart. So during your special time together, eliminate anything that is distracting.
Treat yourselves on date night. The two of you certainly deserve it. Follow these tips for spicing up your romantic senior dating life.
Is it time to move on? Are you not sure how to break up with the person that you swore you loved? There is nothing fun about breaking up especially when you know you have to, although you may not want to. Sometimes you wake up next to the person and realize that this person just is not right for you. You know that you do not want to have a life together so it is better to pack it in now rather than to drag it out. This is a very important revelation because you are actually helping the both of you out. You want to move on and you do not want to lead this person into believing that you are going to stick around by his or her side when you really are not that interested.
I’ve had some pretty great relationships over the years where there really is no reason for the two of us to breakup. Things just seem really comfortable but that comfort also comes with boredom and later the realization that I love this person, but I’m just not in love. This is crucial to understand in your relationship. Many people stay together because they love the other person even though they are not actually in love. Think of it this way, you love your cat but your not in love with him. You can remain loving your boyfriend but you do not have to stay by him when you are not in love with him.
Therefore, breaking up becomes incredibly more difficult when you still love the person. You can’t say I don’t trust you anymore because you cheated on me. You can’t say that you don’t spend enough time together and you definitely can’t truthfully say that you don’t love him anymore, so how do you break up? The best thing to say is that you still love him but that you do not feel the same. You can say that you are moving in two different directions and although you love him you want different things.
Be as honest as you can possibly be but be firm about it. You do not want to leave a chance that maybe you guys can get back together. Do not continue to repeat that you still love him because this will create such an opening, but you can start out with it or lower your level of feelings and say that you still have strong feelings or just feelings and then continue on with your breakup address. Always do breakups in person and I would recommend in a semi private place like a park. You do not want to make a scene but you may not want to be in your home either when you do it.
When you are involved in a relationship, you know how important it is to communicate with your better half. But sometimes a message that you think is sparkling clear gets interpreted poorly by your partner and then you end up in a huge fight. This is because men and women communicate completely differently. Women communicate perfectly with one another (just check our cell phone bills) and men communicate perfectly with other men, but when there is a blending of the sexes something really gets lost in the “translation”. Below are a few tips on how men and women can communicate easier with one another.
- Anytime while talking to each other, if you need a breather, take it. Sometimes couples have nothing better to do than to fight over petty things. Just take a few hours to yourself and come back to speak with your partner after you have the chance to relax and clear your mind so that you can communicate better.
- Women have the tendency to keep talking and sometimes that is too much for a guy to handle. Think of it as a bullet point list when you talk. Go point by point but make what you say clear and right to the point. Let your partner comment back, find a solution and then move onto the next point on your list.
- Women like to know what you are thinking and they do not want an automated response. Speak what you feel. It is hard for men, but even just a little what you feel will be picked up by any good woman and she will know that you are trying.
- It can helpful to talk about how to communicate with one another. Sometimes a woman will open her mouth and the male can become offended. Her male counterpart may want to communicate a different way when he has a problem. Therefore, communicate to your partner what you need. If you need him to just listen without saying a word, tell him. If you need her to just stop asking questions and hug him, then tell her.
Communication can be easy or difficult. If depends on how much effort you are wiling to put into your relationship. Communication is a strong pillar in any relationship so if you want to connect with your partner on a new level, then you must start with being honest in your communication and what you need.
Anyone who has experienced a long distance relationship understands the longing to be next to that person, but in the meantime while you cannot, what else can you talk about that you have not already? You may think that you have covered everything there is to need to know about your partner, but there are always some questions remaining. Some of these topics may not be life changing or very interesting but you may learn a lot more or you may even become impressed by the person that you are dating at a distance. Here are some great conversation questions to get your partner talking and jump starting your next conversation:
- What makes you good person?
- What was your best and worst job experience?
- Where have you worked in the past?
- Who is your best friend and what is he or she like?
- What is your family like?
- What is your favorite pastime with your family?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite song?
- Have you had any life altering moments?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- Have you ever protested before?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- What do you love to do when you are alone?
- When was your first kiss?
- What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
- Do you want children?
- Do you sleep in the nude?
- What is your favorite activity to do?
- Where in the world would you live if you could choose to go anywhere?
- What other language would you like to speak?
- What are your goals for the future?
- What would be the most perfect day for you like?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite school subject?
- What is the weirdest or craziest thing about you?
- How many times have you fallen in love?
- What was your favorite high school moment?
- What was prom/graduation like for you?
- Did you move around a lot as a child?
- Who was your best friend as a child?
It is true, some of these questions may seem a little weird but the great thing about a long distance relationship is that you really get to know someone profoundly, inside and out. Plus any one of these conversation starters can help the two of you create excellent conversations that lay a wonderful foundation for your relationship.
When you jump back into the dating pool, you want to look your best. You do not need to lose a lot of weight but just maintain that healthy figure. Many people need a constant motivation and dating is a great motivating tool, if needed. Going online is actually a great way to start reading people’s weight loss stories and picking up a few healthy tips. No one can healthily lose weight by starving themselves or working out all day long. The following 25 articles are the best weight loss articles that focus on personal experiences, tips on losing weight, easy exercises to promote your health and more.
- Diet Tips or How to Lose Weight with a Spreadsheet and a Web Site (http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/006836.html) – Keep track of your weight loss results. Every time you feel like giving up, take a look back at your weight loss spreadsheet to see how far you have come.
- 50 Weight Loss Tips (http://chris.pirillo.com/50-weight-loss-tips/) – Check out these fantastic tips on losing weight healthily. Just choose the best ones that fit into your current lifestyle to make it healthier.
- Fatty Weight Loss Blog (http://www.fattyweightloss.com/) – This is an inspiring blog for anyone who is looking to lose serious weight. You can even find tools on here such as calorie calculators, diet plans and calorie differential calculators.
- The Token Fat Girl (http://www.myallnaturalweightloss.com/) – This personal blog is identifiable for many people who are struggling to lose weight. You can find inspirational blogs, recipes, motivation and more here.
- The New Former Fat Guy Website (http://www.formerfatguy.com/weblog/blogger.asp) – This blogger has a motivational story for anyone looking to lose weight all naturally.
- Fitness Tips for Life (http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/) – You can find hundreds of articles here for a healthy living, from swimming pool exercises to healthy tips on losing weight naturally.
- The Importance of a Food Journal (http://www.davesworkout.com/) – Check out Dave’s blog for a great selection of recipes and articles. This article helps you to track your calorie intake and monitor your weight loss until you reach your final fitness goal, healthily and safely.
- This Mama Cooks Healthy Posts Blog Carnival for May 2010 (http://www.thismamacooks.com/) – This Mama really does cook. Browse through all of her delicious and healthy recipes as well as this blog for Carnival Recipes.
- Fight Fat with Fat (http://catapultfitness.blogspot.com/2010/04/can-fat-fight-fat.html) – Learn why not all fat is bad and how it can help you to lose weight.
- Biggest Diet and Exercise Mistake You Can Make – (http://www.crankyfitness.com/2007/09/biggest-diet-and-exercise-mistake-you.html) – You do not have time to diet and exercise the wrong way. Find out here how to avoid these big mistakes.
- FixmyAss (http://didijusteatthatoutloud.blogspot.com/) – If you are looking for a little humor and someone to help you get through the day on your weight loss journey, then you must check out this blog.
- Weekend Warrior: Grilling Fruit (http://almostvegetarian.com/2010/04/09/weekend-warrior-grilling-fruit/) – If you are new to becoming a vegetarian, then this article will help you come up with a tasty and creative way to eat your fruit and vegetables.
- Top ten Cheapest Ways to Exercise (http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/index.php/2007/10/11/top-10-cheapest-ways-to-exercise/) – You may not have the budget to go to a pricey gym so find out here the cheapest ways to exercise. Now there are no excuses for losing that weight to stay fit.
- Effortless Weight Loss (http://www.basilandspice.com/weight-loss/effortless-weight-loss-42010.html) – Learn how to effortlessly lose weight at this hot spot blog.
- A New Start: Losing Weight (http://mfclingan.blogspot.com/) – Join this woman’s long journey on the road to weightless.
- Shop Love: Comfy, Cozy Stretchy Skirt from Athleta (http://diet-drama.blogspot.com/2010/01/shop-love-comfy-cozy-stretchy-skirt.html) – Even though you are still losing weight, here is a great article on clothing that is super comfortable for everyday wear and working out. You can change your style and look chic even while losing weight.
- Easter and the Chocoholic (http://www.dietingdelilah.com/easter-and-the-chocoholic/) – When chocolaty holidays come around like Easter, learn what Delilah has to say about resisting those treats.
- Chinese Vegetarian Chicken With Simple Five Spice Sauce (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/05/chinese-vegetarian-chicken-with-simple-five-spice-sauce.html) – If you are in the mood for Chinese food but your diet does not allow it, check out this fat free vegan recipe.
- Jill’s Fit Tip Tuesday! How to Strengthen Your Core (http://getupandgetmoving.net/2010/05/jills-fit-tip-tuesday-how-to-strengthen.html) – Not only does Jill have Type II Diabetes she also runs this fascinating blog with articles to help you get fit and inspiration from her moving story.
- Food Servings – How Many Servings Should You Eat (http://www.makeoverfitness.com/health-fitness-and-nutrition/3365-food-servings-how-many-servings-should-you-eat.html) – If you are coming up with your own diet, read this important article about how many serving sizes you should eat to lose weight and stay fit.
- Doodles Gluten Free Cookie Mix (http://glutenfreehotproducts.com/2010/01/doodles-gluten-free-cookie-mix/) – Just because you are on a glutton free diet, it does not mean that you have to give up the wonderful taste of cookies. This is a great recipe for anyone who is on a diet but still needs their cookie fix.
- Struggling With How to Motivate Yourself (http://losingitandlovingit.com/blog/1995/struggling-with-how-to-motivate-yourself/) – It is sometimes difficult to motivate yourself on the road to becoming healthy. Click here for some tips on how to motivate yourself.
- Turkey Breakfast Sandwich (http://www.slim-shoppin.com/turkey-breakfast-sandwich/) – Check out this delicious recipe from Jennifer.
- Scale Junkie (http://www.scalejunkie.com/) – Check out this inspirational blog for tips on weighing in, diets and exercises.
- 5 Things You can Eat With Grapes (http://www.noshtopia.com/2010/05/5-things-you-can-eat-with-grapes-besides-just-plain-.html) – Read about how Stephanie dresses up her grapes in this article.
Yes, staying fit at a distance seems to be an oxymoron but it is actually a stimulating way to get fit until the next time you see your partner again. Working out does not mean that you have to spend hours in the gym to attain the perfect body. For the sake of yourself, your partner and children, you should have a healthy regimen of living which includes going to the gym. Even if you just walk around the neighborhood for 30 minutes, at least you are giving your body what it needs to stay healthy.
When you are in a long distance relationship or your spouse is away on a lengthy business trip, the two of you can still motivate each other to live your healthy lifestyles. Everyone experiences the lazy bug of waking up in the morning and dreading to do anything physical. You continue to put off your routine and one day you wake up feeling lethargic because you have abandoned your fitness routine without the motivation of your spouse. A good way to stay fit together even though you are at a distance is to work out together, but apart.
Come up with a plan and a schedule that works for the two of you. Plan to go out walking at 7:00AM for 30 minutes. You can write messages to each other saying OK leaving the house now and plan to meet up afterwards for a few minutes to ask how the morning workout went. It will be comforting and motivating to know that the person you love is doing the same exact thing your are. You will be motivated because you know that your spouse is walking up a storm and you do not want to let him or her down. You can even come up with mini routines or workout circuits for a total body workout that include squats, pushups, leg lifts, abdominal exercises, triceps dips and lunges. Set up your webcams and workout together. These exercises can be done in the comfort of your home or hotel room. This is an excellent way to make sure that the other one is not cheating on the workout routine and to spend a little time together.
Now that you know how to stay fit together at a distance, you can come up with your own routines and workout schedules. Be creative and proactive. That way when you reunite, the two of you will be healthy and energized to start back up on your regular workout routine together at home.
Long distance relationships can be challenging because you are missing a huge element, the physical proximity. Many say that these relationships simply cannot succeed but this is not certain. Making a relationship work depends on what you want. If you truly want this person in your life then you will create the parameters to make such a relationship work. If it is not true love, then you will lose sight of what you are fighting for. However, I truly believe that if you can make a long distance relationship work, then you have found yourself a person that you can have a beautiful and long relationship with.
The reasoning behind this is that you do not have the physical element behind you to hide problems or rely on when times get tough. Long distance relationships are brutal but just like all things in life, once you have been through the worse, it can only get better from there. Long distance relationships rely on communication. Without communication no relationship can work. But what you have here is an open dialogue where you rely on your words to communicate how you want the person to feel from afar. You are able to discuss and analyze problems and create solutions rather than half fasting your communication and heading right to the bedroom to make up.
If you and your partner are able to feel a strong connection from afar, then what does that mean when you are together? Being able to work as a team from a distance makes working things out while together that much more easier. Plus, you are able to really get to know each other and appreciate one another. If you do not like how the person makes you feel when you talk or are simply bored by their communication skills or lack of excitement in life, then you know right away that this person is not right for you. You are able to get rid of looks and how good of a kisser he or she is, because over time those qualities will fade, and you will be left with communication.
Therefore, starting a long distance relationship can be difficult but you can survive it. Some survival tips include making arrangements to see each other. If you have a goal of seeing someone in one month, then you can use the days until then as a count down. If you have special talents share those with your partner; you can sing, play an instrument, dance or show them your artwork. Making gifts for each other is another excellent way to keep that person in mind but to also forget about the distance that sets the two of you apart.
Online dating is still dating. You are dating in a different venue and the vibes may be a little different but you are still communicating with someone with a goal in mind; finding your soul mate. Therefore, you may need some online dating tips to make your interactions the most successful ones. There is no formula to successful dating but there are definitely some things that you can do, to make your communication skills better. When you meet someone at an offline venue, you can rely on body language and that feeling you get while you are with him or her. Online, however, there is obvious physical distance and the only way to make up for that distance at first is through communication. Below you will find some tips for online dating:
- If you want to date, especially online, then you need to be fully committed to the process. You need to create an accurate online dating profile and keep up with your requests. When you find someone that you are interested inn you cannot take weeks to respond. When you begin communication, you need to be consistent.
- Now that you are dating, you should start preparing yourself. If you are not eating well, it might be time to change your diet and go to the gym. If you need to go to the salon for waxing and skin treatments, then start to do so before you meet your online date. You want to be prepared for when you finally meet this person offline.
- Get your look together. You can go out shopping to make sure you have a few new outfits to start impressing your dates. When you have a new wardrobe many people feel like a million bucks. This may give you a new vibe of self confidence when you meet your date for the first time offline.
- Make sure you are dating people that you are interested in honestly. If you are meeting a woman who wants to potentially be married in two to three years and you do not, do not waste her or your time. Find someone who is interested in the same dating time frame and goals as you are.
Remember, you can always take a break from dating if things are not working out right away. Some times you can become frustrated with dating which affects your other dates. Concentrate on yourself and then once you are ready again, you can start hitting the internet dating field.
Going out on your first date is nerve wrecking but what is more frightening is if you are going to clinch that second date. Many men take out all of their charm and lay it out to make a wonderful first impression. As the first date comes to a close, you have made up your mind whether or not you are going to want to go out with this person again. In the case that you do, there comes the moment of insecurity where you may not know exactly what your date is thinking. However, you should have no fear. With these dating tips, you will be able to achieve that second date.
- Show interest in your date. Ask her questions, comment on what she says and create a lively conversation. She does not want to feel like she is talking to the wall nor does she want you to steal away the spotlight. Listen to what she has to say and show interest in her. If you do not or cannot, then this may not be a person that you should go on a second date with. But if you do, show her you care as this will be a deciding factor for her to go back out with you again.
- Steer clear of topics that make people feel uncomfortable such as politics, finance, religion or any other polemic topic. Talk about your common points of interest and ask her questions if you do not know anything about what she is interested in.
- Calm yourself when it comes to compliments. You do not want to be too overbearing when it comes to saying you’re so sweet, you’re so nice, I’d really to see you again, you’re so beautiful and so on.
- Women want to feel secure all of the time, so when the first date winds down, relieve her and say that you would like to see her again. Once she knows that you want to, she is most likely going to say that she would as well.
In addition to these tips there are a few common courtesies that often turn into pet peeves that you should avoid. Do not talk with your mouth full, speak very loud in quiet places and shut off your cell phone. Women find it extremely rude to take calls during a date when all the focus should be on her. Bringing people on your first date is a total buzz kill even if they are just coming to drop you off. As long as the body language is positive, then you can be assured that you will achieve that second date.